Sunday, August 23, 2009

The South Beach Diet

Don't you just hate those people who always talk about a diet they are on?
Well, here I go.... I am on the South Beach Diet. I started about May 15th, 2009. Now here it is August 23rd, 2009 and I've lost 35 lbs!! This book has 3 phases. I am still on phase one, with an occasional phase two thrown in for variety. Okay, I am obese, but I am doing this weight loss without exercise, because of injuries to my knee.
I regularly walk my dog (a standard size Dachshund named Leo), I help out in my moms garden a couple days a week, watering and occasionally pulling weeds when my knee will allow me to. When she goes on a mini vacation I water and pick veggies and yes I pull weeds!! I have the advantage of having fresh veggies, I have always, always loved salads. Eggs, the whole egg none of this egg white stuff, steak, salmon, tuna, part skim cheeses, lots of olive oil and red wine vinegar, what what ever vinegar you choose except the fruit kinds. This book says if occasionally you feel like a double bacon cheeseburger and fries, then just eat it. They also suggest that if you skip the bread and fries and catsup then you are doing a good meal.
Basically this is a NO SUGAR, NO BREAD, or any other white stuff like potatoes or rice.
Even if you are not interested in this, do me a little favor, next time you shop for groceries look if they added any type of sugar or corn syrup...
What is fun is that there are some great snacks~~ did you know they make SUGAR FREE Fudgesicles, Sugar Free toppings and popsicles??? Oh yeah, peanuts or almonds in limited quantity.
Yeah I've cheated here and there, but that is my whole point, instead of feeling so horrible that I give up all together, I go back the next day and feel good knowing I have the will power to do so. I have a slight disadvantage with being on some powerful meds, but hey~~ If I Can Do It...

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, you're looking wonderfully svelte! You've inspired me to change my eating habits. Although I'm not going to use the South Beach Diet because of health issues, I will use your continuing success as inspiration to lose the extra weight I've been carrying for so long. I see a nutritionist next month for guidance. Keep plugging away... you're doing GREAT! Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Leslie! Keep it up~ I'm next!

    ReplyDelete